Complete python builds including packages useful for medical imaging. Installs in /usr/local/Python/Versions, so you sysadmin won't gripe about messig with /usr/local/lib. It is not relocatable. This isolates the build from the usual search path but also eliminates the need to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Linux rpms were build under scientific linux 5 (essentially redhat 5).
The Mac package was built under Snow Leopard. It is a 64-bit build but is NOT a framework build. That means it won't do GUI's, but matplotlib works with it an that's all I care about.
Modules in build
- Python. Include readline and tkinter
- Numerical python (numpy)
- Scientific python (scipy). Includes atlas package and sparse matrix package.
- matplotlib. Wonderful module for plotting.
- PIL. Python imagign library
- paramiko. Python access to ssl library.
- cython. Easy access to C.
- pydicom. Package for reading and writing dicom files.
- yaml. Serializer that creates human-readable text files.
- pyqt (linux only). Used for QT backend to matplotlib.